Arapahoe County burn ban cancelled | Environment
On September 23, 2010, in consideration of the potential for extreme fire danger in Arapahoe County, Sheriff Grayson Robinson issued an Open Burning Ban for Unincorporated Arapahoe County, to include the Cherry Creek State Park. The weather conditions that necessitated the Open Burning Ban have abated. Significant rainfall, and forecasts for additional precipitation, has caused the fire danger in Unincorporated Arapahoe County, including the Cherry Creek State Park, to be modified.
The OPEN BURNING BAN
for Unincorporated Arapahoe County and Cherry Creek State Park
The Sheriff’s Office and local fire departments will continue to closely monitor the potential for future fire danger and initiate open burning bans in Unincorporated Arapahoe County. Although the level of danger for possible fires has been modified, everyone must continue to exercise reasonable safety precautions, as well as extreme caution, when engaged in open burning or any fire.
For additional information, please contact Sheriff Grayson Robinson at 720-874-4165
Upcoming Events near Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Car crash closes Jordan Road in Parker, police say
- All clear at Legend High School after evacuation over bomb threat
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker