2-alarm fire destroys Jehovah's Witnesses church | News
AURORA, Colo. -- A 2-alarm fire destroyed a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses church in Aurora Friday.
It happened at about 2:30 a.m. at 17701 E. Yale Ave.
A spokesperson for the Aurora Fire Department says a passerby saw dark and white smoke coming from the church and called 911.
There isn't much damage visible from the outside of the building, but firefighters say the inside is a total loss. They were still mopping up more than three hours after the fire started.
There was no one inside the church at the time.
Arson investigators were called as part of normal practice. They brought a K-9 Accelerant Unit, but it's too early in the investigation to know what started the fire.
Upcoming Events near Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Police warn residents in Montbello about a possible child predator
- King Soopers employee accused of using position to rob other stores
- Denver police investigate shooting near Sloans Lake
- Source: ‘Threat’ at East High could be related to teen’s murder
- Police arrest 3 in connection with murder of 13-year-old boy
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion