2-alarm fire destroys Jehovah's Witnesses church | News
AURORA, Colo. -- A 2-alarm fire destroyed a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses church in Aurora Friday.
It happened at about 2:30 a.m. at 17701 E. Yale Ave.
A spokesperson for the Aurora Fire Department says a passerby saw dark and white smoke coming from the church and called 911.
There isn't much damage visible from the outside of the building, but firefighters say the inside is a total loss. They were still mopping up more than three hours after the fire started.
There was no one inside the church at the time.
Arson investigators were called as part of normal practice. They brought a K-9 Accelerant Unit, but it's too early in the investigation to know what started the fire.
Upcoming Events near Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- All clear at Legend High School after evacuation over bomb threat
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them