Adams County receives award for financial reporting | People
The Adams County Board of Commissioners presented the county’s Finance/IT Department with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting received from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). The award presentation was made during the Feb. 27, 2012 public hearing.
“Fiscal integrity is our highest objective and we are pleased to recognize our dedicated finance staff who we think is the finest in the state,” said Chairman W. R. “Skip" Fischer.
The Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting was awarded to Adams County for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for year ending Dec. 31, 2011. In order to earn this award, a CAFR must demonstrate a spirit of transparency and full disclosure to clearly communicate its financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the CAFR.
The GFOA is a nonprofit professional association serving approximately 17,000 government finance professionals in the United States and Canada.
Top Aurora Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop