Adams County receives award for financial reporting | People
The Adams County Board of Commissioners presented the county’s Finance/IT Department with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting received from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). The award presentation was made during the Feb. 27, 2012 public hearing.
“Fiscal integrity is our highest objective and we are pleased to recognize our dedicated finance staff who we think is the finest in the state,” said Chairman W. R. “Skip" Fischer.
The Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting was awarded to Adams County for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for year ending Dec. 31, 2011. In order to earn this award, a CAFR must demonstrate a spirit of transparency and full disclosure to clearly communicate its financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the CAFR.
The GFOA is a nonprofit professional association serving approximately 17,000 government finance professionals in the United States and Canada.
Upcoming Events near Aurora
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion